Resident Acting Intern Program 2014-2015 Season
For our Resident Acting Intern Program, we hire actors from UPTA (Unified Professional Theatre Auditions) which is held in February of every year. http://www.upta.org/.
If you are not attending UPTA, you may send a video audition by Feb 1st. Please include two monologues (1 minute or less each) and two song cuttings. These need to show a contrast in style.
Charleston Stage Company is South Carolina's largest professional (NON-EQUITY) theatre. Our Resident Acting Intern Program is an intensive 10 month program that allows its participants to combine multiple performance opportunities with a well structured and practical teacher training program. Our company is in residence at the Historic Dock Street Theatre, a 450-seat proscenium space which just underwent a 19 million dollar renovation, and does not tour.
July 1, 2014 - May 1, 2015
• $200 weekly
• 2 weeks paid Christmas vacation
• $500 completion of contract bonus
• Furnished apartment provided free of charge with utilities.
• Modern, Convenient, Safe, Private Bedroom and Bathroom
• Acting - Resident actors are typically cast in 7 of the 9 shows within a season.
• Teaching weekly acting classes for students in our Theatre School grades K5 - 8
• In school workshops using theatre to teach academic topics
Additional Duties Include:
• Working in the box office
• Strike and load-in
The Following Make You a Good Candidate:
• Undergraduate degree in theatre or related performance area
• Vocal and dance ability
• Teaching experience, respect and appreciation for children and the willingness to be guided in teaching them theatre
• Strong work ethic
• MUST have a working reliable car
2014-15 MainStage Season:
You Can't Take It With You
Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein
A Christmas Carol, A Ghost Story of Christmas
The Diary of Anne Frank
Steve Martin's The Underpants
Catch Me If You Can
2014-15 Family Series Season:
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
Anne of Green Gables
View Dock Street Theatre
Charleston Stage 2014-2015 Season Auditions
Auditions for Charleston Stage's 2013-2014 season were held on May 5, 2013 and all roles have been cast. Auditions for Charleston Stage's 2014-2015 season will be held in early May 2014. Date TBA. Please check back in March 2014 for more details.
Charleston Stage welcomes newcomers and encourages all actors, singers and dancers throughout the Lowcountry to audition for our shows. Last season 25 newcomers joined Charleston Stage's acting ensemble. While Charleston Stage does have a Professional Resident Acting Company, the majority of roles including many leading roles are cast from actors in the Charleston community, with more than 70 roles available to local actors this year!
For Advanced Students (Grades 4-8 school year 2013-2014)
(Admission by Audition Only)
Tuition (for those accepted): $600
A non-refundable deposit of $300 is due April 22nd and the full balance is due August 1, 2013. Please login to pay your balance or contact our Education staff for assistance at 843.856.3822.
Performance Troupe classes are Mondays from 4pm-6pm in our Mount Pleasant Studio.